Senior Web Designer & Content Producer
Rutgers University Job Location: New Jersey Apply By: Open until filled Date Created: 12-03-2021
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Senior Edit/Media Specialist for Rutgers University Libraries. Reporting to the Associate Director, IT, the Senior Edit/Media Specialist (Senior Web Designer and Content Producer) is responsible for the content creation, design, and assessment for libraries.rutgers.edu, the library staff site and other assigned websites. The position is expected to work regularly with the Libraries’ Communications unit to ensure consistent and appropriate messaging across platforms. Additionally, working with Division and Unit staff and faculty, the position assists in evaluating, producing, and supporting content creation for the campus specific library sites.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Leads or co-leads internal groups charged with maintaining the site content and infrastructure.
- Provides oversight for content across the core libraries site, ensuring cohesion and consistency.
- Communicates regularly with subject matter experts responsible for specific site content.
- Assists, advises and trains contributing editors to the site including creating and maintaining documentation regarding site maintenance and editing.
- Recognizes and shares best practices on design, layout and content with those responsible for various library sites.
- Takes the lead in developing analytics, evaluating usability, and blending the Libraries’ branding across all library web presences.
- Organizes and provides guidance for internal staff site while assisting staff and faculty with managing the presentation of unit specific information.
- Recommends to Libraries’ management features and major revisions to the site or its components.
- Works with the Libraries’ IT department to implement features, update platform and designs.
- Maintains knowledge of University standards for content, accessibility, and branding and ensures the Libraries’ sites are in accordance with these standards.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, computer science or related technical field; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. A minimum of five years web content and design experience with recent experience with standard browser display, usability, accessibility and responsive design principles. Master’s degree in marketing, communications, information science or related technical degree preferred.